top of page

Training American Truckers since 1963

  • mansoorwarda882

What Jobs Can I Get With a Class B CDL?

Updated: Apr 23

Class B CDL

A Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is required to operate any single vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR. Here are a few jobs that typically require a Class B CDL:

  1. Bus Driver: This could be for a school district, a city's public transportation system, or a private charter company. Some bus drivers might also work for long-distance travel companies.

  2. Delivery Truck Driver: Many delivery drivers need a Class B CDL to operate their vehicles. This could be for a small business, a large company, or a courier service.

  3. Dump Truck Driver: These drivers operate dump trucks on construction sites, often transporting materials to and from the site.

  4. Garbage Truck Driver: In most areas, drivers who operate garbage trucks must hold a Class B CDL.

  5. Tow Truck Driver: While some tow trucks can be operated with a standard driver's license, larger ones often require a Class B CDL.

  6. Concrete Mixer Driver: These drivers operate trucks that mix and transport large amounts of concrete.

  7. Fuel Truck Driver: These drivers transport fuels to various locations. They may work for a fuel company, or for an airport, delivering fuel to planes.

  8. Commercial Van Driver: Some larger commercial vans require a Class B license to operate.

  9. Straight Truck Driver: Straight trucks are a type of cargo truck that are often used for local deliveries.

  10. Transport Driver: These drivers might transport anything from furniture to appliances, requiring them to be familiar with a variety of loading and unloading procedures.

  11. Transit Mixer Operator: This job involves driving a transit mixer truck to deliver concrete to construction sites.

  12. Food Service Delivery Driver: These drivers typically work for food service distributors delivering food and beverage products to restaurants, hospitals, schools, etc.

Note that most of these positions will also require a clean driving record and may require you to pass a physical examination. Some may also require or prefer candidates who have completed a professional truck driving school program.

23 views0 comments


bottom of page